March 27, 2012

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Veselina Hristova

Veselina Hristova interned at Redcats USA, an online retailer of men's and women's plus-size apparel in addition to home, outdoor and lifestyle products. Verselina shares her experience in an interview with Kathy Kim, a graduate assistant at GCMC.

Describe in detail your duties as an intern with Redcats USA.
Leverage product ranking spreadsheet to help improve performance of individual categories  and products over time. Name product titles in more SEM friendly terms. Analyze and report customers’ feedback about the web site. Analyze monthly Omniture reporting on top products, top categories and marketing promotions.

What did you consider to be the most positive features of this job?
Everyone treated me as part of the team. I was given real tasks and assignments that were contributing to the better performance of the whole team. My manager was always available for me. He was willing to explain and to have me involved in the working process.

Please describe the work environment and culture of the company/organization.    
The company is very team-oriented. I was included in many employee meetings from other departments, so I would say the cooperation between the different departments is very important. The company has a very good internship program, and interns are welcomed and are treated as a valuable part of each working group.
                       
To what degree did this position contribute to your professional development and future marketability?
Great experience: I learned a lot about how direct marketers approach their customer base. I was working with the web team and had the opportunity to learn a great deal about SEM/SEM, good practices when reaching customers mainly through the web. All of my experiences related to the marketing field that I want to continue my career in.

Would you recommend this position to future student interns?
Yes, if they are interested in web marketing. I recommend it  because my experience with the company was excellent,  I was given the opportunity to learn and contribute to the whole team.

Veselina Hristova
MS, Marketing
Graduation Date: June 2012

No comments: