July 1, 2015

Students On the Blog: Red Rooster Group - Where Marketing & Design Meets Social Needs


Internships can lead to full time positions. On the way, you’ll learn lifelong skills, and if you do it right, you may be part of something special that brings good to the world.

Red Rooster Group is a branding, marketing and design firm that focuses on nonprofits. It is a workplace where ideas can be explored and where personal initiative can translate into valued work responsibilities.

Last summer, I completed my MBA and began a marketing internship at Red Rooster Group that later turned into a full time position. The work I had done at Baruch’s Lawrence N. Field Center in market research as well as my experience with WordPress and inforgraphics helped me become more accustomed to the demands at the firm.

At Red Rooster Group, I soon learned that collaboration with designers is an essential part of the day-to-day. Through hands-on experience, I learned how to create sitemaps and sketch wireframes. I learned how to write copy for websites by thinking of what’s in it for the user. For example, if I were a teenager with a speech disorder, what kind of information would I be looking for and what kind of images and tone should the site take on to best appeal to me.

One of the best tips I received was to create a shared document with projects I worked on according to categories such as research, collaboration, new initiatives, use of technology, etc. This kept me focused so that I was always asking myself how my work created value as well as pinpointing what areas I needed to improve on.

I was very thankful for the time Red Rooster’s Principal, Howard Levy, dedicated to working with me. He shared insights relating to the thought process of helping nonprofits and creating buy-in from clients. I always felt welcome and that new ideas had room for exploration.

If you are a current student or alum, please feel free to reach out to me at any time!

Gil Gilead
Marketing Associate
Red Rooster Group
Branding, Design & Promotion for Nonprofits
212-673-9353  | 45 W. 29th Street, Suite 501, New York, NY 10001
http://www.redroostergroup.com
http://bit.ly/GilLinkedIn
Wake Up Your Brand!

To reach me, email:

For info on interning at Red Rooster Group

No comments: