August 16, 2021

Students Working with the GCMC: Leveraging the Lifelong GCMC Services

Gabriella (Jingnan) Qi, MS '21

I graduated with my MS degree in Business Analytics in May 2021. After months of job searching, I finally landed with my dream company. The whole journey was tough, especially with COVID-19 and everything going on. However, the resources and support from the GCMC advisors have helped me get through this process greatly. I was actually drawn by the good reputation of the GCMC when I chose Baruch for my master’s degree. Helpful services such as all kinds of sessions and webinars quickly prepared my career-oriented mindset and equipped me with the necessary skills and techniques regarding self-awareness (self-assessment with Lindsey Plewa), mock interviews (sessions with Annie Himmelsbach and webinars with Tanuja Ramchal), resume and cover letter writing, and networking tips (sessions with Jennifer Seidman). 

In addition, Handshake provides timely job postings and useful job search resources. Justyn Makarewycz organizes a lot of company events and facilitates networking sessions for students and professionals. Through On-Campus Recruiting, I met a recruiter who appreciated my value and potential. Due to that chemistry, we built a close connection and kept in touch until now. I really appreciate all the resources and services the GCMC provides which help me a lot. The career advisors are all very supportive. Jennifer shared with me helpful insights when I was under stressful situations and dilemmas during quarantine. She always said that GCMC does not come to an end after my graduation, instead it is a lifelong service for Baruch alumni. I look forward to seeing future students make the best use of the GCMC services and grow progressively.



Connect with Gabriella (Jingnan) Qi, MS '21:

LinkedIn: Gabriella (Jingnan) Qi

_ _

The GCMC offers Zicklin graduate students and alumni a suite of services that includes individualized career advisement and assessment, as well as strategic workshops and training to assist graduate students and alumni in building a career through personal branding, effective communication, and successful networking techniques. 

Our services span many areas including:

  •     One-on-One Advising
  •     Drop-In Advisement Sessions
  •     Self-Assessment Tools
  •     Mock Interviews
  •     On-Campus Recruiting
  •     Job Search Groups
  •     Social Media Channels