November 21, 2022

Students Working with the GCMC: Securing a Tax Internship

 


                                                             Michael Weber, MS '23

As a first-semester MS accounting student, I was aware that the GCMC would be able to assist me in my job search. Early in the semester, I attended the accounting fair. The GCMC provided me with many outlets to prepare for the conversations I would have with recruiters at the fair. I was able to go into the recruitment process with newfound confidence, and ultimately get interviews with the Big Four, and other accounting firms. In preparation for my interviews, I consulted with Stefano Verdesoto, Annie Himmelsbach, and Jack Pullara who all shared valuable advice. On short notice, they conducted mock interviews with me which were very helpful. Ultimately, I received multiple job offers, and have accepted a position with a Big Four firm.


I would recommend that students in a similar situation, especially those preparing for interviews, use the resources and guidance the GCMC has to offer.


Connect with Michael Weber MS '23 on Linkedin!

No comments: