Student Perspectives: Adapting to Team Work Environments

MS Finance student Azimdjon Gaziev shared with the GCMC about how being flexible and adaptable in work teams has benefited his career.


One of the most important things I have learned at my internship is how to adapt to new teams and working environments. The ability to be flexible with the different people you encounter at your workplace is one of the keys to success. I learned that getting to know people and understanding their work ethic and motivations help you build relationships with co-workers, which is one of the essential aspects of working with people. Understanding what your organization requires and applying your skills to meet those requirements is the key to success wherever you go. I also learned how to introduce myself as well as how to ask questions to gain a better understanding of business processes.

I attended a lot of networking events and building relationships with professionals in my field of study during my undergraduate degree. Networking can be done either by reaching out to professionals through social media platforms like LinkedIn, attending job fairs, or attending networking events. I got my internship through a referral from my network. I believe one of the most useful ways of getting a job or an internship is by networking with professionals in your area. 

My biggest contribution to my team was my diligence and the ability to do research. We had a great deal of issues within our department that we needed to do countless hours of research on and find solutions to. I was able to save my company a lot of time by identifying errors and mistakes, which reduced my company's cash outflows, thanks to my diligence in working with data. 

I would like to learn more about the technical aspects of my field. As a junior-level employee, I've faced a variety of challenges that have allowed me to hone my skills and gain experience working for corporations. However, to get exposure to the technical aspects of the financial department, I would need to be open to taking on new projects and attend trainings that our company provides. 

For students having a difficult time finding an internship, first and foremost, I would suggest setting goals and being consistent with executing these goals. In order to find an internship, they need to be active at networking events and reach out to professionals working in their field of study. If students can learn how to break out of their comfort zone to learn more about other people and their jobs, it can help them develop an interest in them and make connections.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zicklin Graduate Student Shares Her Thoughts on ESG After Winning CohnReznick’s 2023 Gamechanger in ESG Awards

Student Perspectives: Crossing the Bridge That May Land You a Job

Student Perspectives: Making the Most of a Summer Internship

Student Perspectives: Being a Power Business Intelligence Engineer

Best Practices: Writing a Resume